Thursday, November 19, 2009

Grey V Gray


Anybody remember the song 'Rio' by Duran Duran? The line: "I'm on the hunt...I'm after you..." Then it goes on about how Simon LeBon smells how he sounds...which...is kindof unusual, right? ANYWAY...the former is how I feel about my search for grey...er...gray (?) boots this season. Here is a smattering of what I've found. I ordered the top pair after seeing them in San Francisco... After waiting 7 agonizing days for them to arrive, I was disappointed when they looked more like moon boots than biker boots. Sigh. Returned them the same day.
My favorites are the Frye...I like the Miss Sixty's on the bottom for their funk factor. At the end of the day, I really love a simple riding boot. They look great with skinny pants tucked in, peaking out from beneath a pair of bootcut jeans, and paired with a knee-area (or shorter) skirt. Think about the cute sock possibilities! Sigh...I want to like a spikey-heeed boot. Really, I do. But the practical, height-conscious self can't make the leap quite yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment